Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Last Updated on June 29, 2022 by Rebecca Huff
A mistake at breakfast? You mean spilled milk, right? I'm talking about the choices we make to start our day off with the energy and stamina it takes to get things done!
Where are you when it comes to breakfast? Are you eating a meal fit for a King or do you skip breakfast altogether? No matter where you fall on this spectrum, one thing is for sure; traditional breakfast foods like cereal and pastries are not the healthiest choice.
By far one of the biggest mistakes with breakfast is eating typical breakfast foods. So many of these are over-processed and sugar-laden. I’m talking about the standard American breakfast of waffles, cereal, toast, muffins, bagels, and fast food sandwiches, which are by far some of the worst choices you can put on your plate. Eating a high carb breakfast is basically creating metabolic disasters all day. In turn, these metabolic disasters create excess body fat and diseases related to obesity. Many experts do stress the need for more protein but forget to warn folks of eating too many carbs. Research has shown that starting the day with high-quality protein sources can improve anxiety disorders, in addition to other benefits. – Replace High Carb Breakfasts to Feel Energized
Most people consume enough protein at dinner but need to increase their protein intake at breakfast. By the way, if you enjoy eating carbohydrates at breakfast, try complex carbs like beans, here's a delicious option: Energizing Breakfast Taco.
Other resources related to this podcast episode:
- Avoid insulin resistance at all costs; check out 14 Things We Do to Lower the Risk of Metabolic Syndrome
- Avoiding childhood obesity Keeping Kids Healthy and Preventing Childhood Obesity
- How to Teach Kids About Healthy Eating Without Food & Body-Shaming
- Download Step 2 Make the Most of Breakfast
- Read more about and join the Tasty Bite Cookbook Club here.
- Make some delicious turkey breakfast sausage
- How his diabetes diagnosis led to the creation of a low carb cereal
If you can't give up your bowl of breakfast cereal, try this low-carb cereal instead of the sugar-filled variety in the supermarket.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.