What is avocado lime crema?
While most people would consider Avocado Lime Crema a condiment; we sometimes use this one like a dip. For example, in place of guacamole with chips or cut vegetables. I appreciate that my kids are getting a good dose of probiotics with the yogurt along with the healthy fats from the avocado.
How to make the avocado lime crema
When I shared my Thai Chicken Tacos with Beet Infused Pickled Onions recipe, a friend asked: “what is avocado lime crema?” So, while this recipe is very simple, it’s nice to know exactly how to whip some up to make all your meals magical.
Because avocado = magic.
Avocado tends to go brown pretty quickly. There are a couple of ways you can keep this fresh longer, but I recommend making it right before you serve the dish.
- I have tried adding a lime wedge to the leftovers in a jar which kept beautifully until I could finish it off
- Put an avocado pit in with the crema in a jar
- Keep the avocado lime crema in a squeeze bottle, (filled to the top preferably)
Avocado Lime Crema
- One large avocado
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (my preference is Siggi's Triple Cream)
- Zest from 1 lime (save lime for juice)
- Juice from 1 lime (you can use the zested lime)
- 1 clove garlic finely minced, almost to a paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Zest lime and set aside
- Juice the zested lime into a mini food processor, add in the avocado, yogurt, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Blend well, sprinkle on the lime zest.
This recipe is very easy to double, triple, or quadruple!
*If you plan to put this into a squeeze bottle you might want to save the lime zest as a garnish. Sometimes it can clog the opening of a squeeze bottle, depending on the size of bottle being used.
Try Avocado Lime Crema with:
- Easy Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
- Chile Lime Steak Fajitas Four Ways with Low Carb Options
- Easy BBQ Chicken Nachos with Root Vegetable Chips
- Healthy Nachos for the Entire Family
- Any dish you make for Taco Tuesday
- Along with Simple Cheese Dip at a party
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Hash or any other type of savory sweet potato dish
For a dairy-free version, I would use plain unsweetened coconut milk yogurt. There are so many ways to incorporate Avocado Lime Crema into your meals. A fun way to use this is to put it in a squeeze bottle for squeezing on tacos and such.