Healthier Taco Tuesday!
When you’re looking for a quick dinner recipe that the entire family will enjoy, look no further than these easy taco stuffed bell peppers. Made with only five ingredients yet you can take them to the next level with toppings such as sour cream, salsa, diced onions, jalapeños, sliced olives, avocado or guacamole.
My son Harmon loves taco Tuesday but the rest of us want a little variety which is why I started coming up with variations of the taco! I used a mixture of ingredients from Costco and Trader Joe’s in the photos.
Easy Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 6 bell peppers, halved, seeds removed
- 1 - 16 oz container of pico de gallo or salsa
- taco seasoning
- 8 oz cheese, shredded
- sour cream, optional
- hot sauce, optional
- Wash, halve and remove seeds from bell peppers, salt inside the cavity of each pepper
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat
- Add taco seasoning and pico de gallo, stir
- Spoon meat mixture into pepper halves
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
- Top with shredded cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Serve with optional toppings.
This recipe can be halved easily, but why not make the full recipe and save some for lunches or tomorrow night's dinner!
Make the full recipe and save a few servings for lunch or dinner; easy meal prep! While I do try to use glass for as much as possible, I do sometimes use the meal prepsters containers when I’m afraid I won’t get my glass ones back.