Who doesn’t love cheese dip? Okay, maybe people who don’t like cheese. For those of us who enjoy cheese, this dip is incredibly versatile and easy to make. Choose any soft cheese you like such as Asiago, Cheddar, Colby, Fontina, Gouda, Havarti, Monterey Jack, or Muenster.
There are endless ways to use cheese dip but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- poured over steamed or raw veggies, like broccoli, carrots, celery, etc.
- in nachos, tacos, burritos, fajitas
- with chicken wings
- over pasta or miracle noodles
- dip pretzels in it
My favorite is atop a plate of fresh steamed broccoli.
Simple Cheese Dip
- 1 lb cheese
- 8 oz full-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 10oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream to thin if necessary
- Combine all ingredients in a pot over medium heat.
- Stir while allowing the mixture to melt
- Continue stirring over low heat until it melts completely and then immediately turn off the heat.
- If you like jalapenos, chiles, herbs or spices of your choice.
- If you prefer a thinner, creamier texture add heavy cream
- Keep warm in a crockpot on "keep warm" setting if you are serving at a party or want it to stay melty and hot for an extended period of time.
jalapenos, chiles, roasted red bell pepper diced small, fresh basil chopped into small strips, caramelized onions, or hot sauce!
Alternatively, you can thin with a bit of broth, chicken bone broth adds a delicious flavor. If you accidentally over thin, simply grate some additional cheese into the sauce to thicken it up.