Last Updated on June 29, 2022 by Rebecca Huff
Let's face it vegetable noodles are a great vehicle for flavor! Zucchini tends to take on whatever flavor you add to it. I've seen it used in mock apple pie and even chocolate cake.
That's why zucchini noodles, “zoodles,” make such a fantastic pasta replacement: they absorb flavor!
If you are gardening, you likely have an abundance of zucchini right now, and what better way to use it than make all the zucchini noodle dishes you can! My friend Ceri brought some from her garden and I made several meals with them.
My kids love shrimp, but if you don't like it you can substitute any protein you like. For those who do like shrimp, choose wild-caught.
Look for shrimp certified by an independent agency, such as Wild American Shrimp or the Marine Stewardship Council, which certifies that wild fisheries are well-managed and sustainable. ~ How to Buy the Right Shrimp and Why it Matters
You can find zucchini noodles in the produce section of some supermarkets, and you can buy them frozen in some stores. If you follow a low-carb, Ketogenic, Paleo, or Trim Healthy Mama diet, I recommend buying your own spiralizer so you can make them with fresh zucchini.
If you have time, you can put your zucchini noodles into a strainer and add salt so they release some of their liquid. This is not a must-do, and I don't usually bother.
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Zoodles
- 12 ounces zucchini noodles or other low-carb noodles
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 pounds large wild-caught shrimp
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes optional
- Heat oil and 1/3 of butter (2 tablespoons) in pan over medium heat, add minced garlic and optional red pepper flakes.
- Heat till fragrant. Add shrimp to pan and cook until shrimp turn pink, remove and set aside, do not wipe pan
- To the same pan, add the broccolini and seasonings, cooking till tender.Add the zucchini noodles to the broccolini, just to warm, add shrimp back to pan along with the rest of the butter.
- Top with lemon juice.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
If you're a fanatic about cooking, join the community here and get new recipes when they come out. Then take a minute to join the Tasty Bite Online Cookbook club. In the Facebook group, we share ideas and cookbooks that we love.
Other Dishes to try:
- Organic Asian Fusion Chicken with Zoodles and Sunflower Miso Dressing
- Okonomiyaki Japanese Pancakes with low-carb option
- Maple Glazed Powerhouse Salmon Recipe
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Zoodles is such a delicious and refreshing summer meal to enjoy. Tastes even better the following day. Make sure you pin this post to use later.