Make these insanely delicious salmon sliders for the entire family! There are many benefits for kids and adults alike when it comes to eating wild-caught salmon. You'll want to put this recipe in your recipe box and keep them in your menu rotation!
- Fat for weight loss Keto bread (but I put it in this silicone muffin pan to bake them into slider buns)
- Diet doctor coconut-flour bread
- Diet doctor hot dog buns
The inspiration for these insanely delicious salmon sliders comes from my family's all-time favorite hamburger recipe found in Jamie Oliver's book Comfort Food. He calls it the Insanity Burger. You can find this book in the TOM Cookbook Club collection.
In the spirit of “standing on the shoulders of giants” in mind, I prepared my salmon burger incorporating one of the condiments recommended from Jamie's burger recipe. I highly recommend grabbing that cookbook and trying the Insanity Burgers, by the way.
Since it's a good idea to get some healthy omega-3 fatty acids in our diet, I wanted to create a Salmon burger that would be just as delicious. The two main elements that make these salmon burgers outstanding are are 1) the use of the mustard and hot sauce combo while cooking the salmon and 2) the lettuce, ketchup, mayo combo used in building the burger. The size of these burgers make them fun and easier to hold therefore perfect for kids!
Insanely Delicious Salmon Sliders
- Salmon Burger
- 1 15- ounce can salmon
- 2 egg
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley
- tablespoon of chives optional
- Other ingredients needed and toppings
- avocado oil for frying or whatever oil you prefer
- yellow mustard
- hot sauce optional
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- slices of avocado optional
- pickles optional
- sliced onions optional
- Mix salmon burger ingredients together
- Form into patties to match the size of slider buns
- Mix mustard and hot sauce together if using, if not using hot sauce just have mustard ready
- Cut or shred iceberg lettuce into small pieces and mix with mayo and ketchup, set aside.
- Oil pan and heat over medium, fry patties without crowding in skillet till first side is browned, flip.
- With a basting brush, gently brush mustard mixture on salmon patty after flipping, when 2nd side is browned, flip again and add mustard mixture to second side, so that both sides have been coated with the mixture.
- When browned on both sides remove patties.
- Build sliders and enjoy!
Use your imagination in the kitchen. Don't be limited by my recipe recommendations, use whatever toppings you like on your insanely delicious salmon sliders. Here are a few ideas:
Check out the following articles about salmon!
1 – Wild Alaskan Salmon Is a Powerhouse of Nutrition January 02, 2018 https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/04/15/wild-alaskan-salmon.aspx
2 – Farmed and Dangerous http://www.farmedanddangerous.org/salmon-farming-problems/