My keto crockpot buffalo chicken soup is a super easy but utterly delicious recipe that can be adapted to meet the needs of everyone in the family. Make a huge pot of this and use the leftovers for healthy lunches in the days that follow. Pair it with a refreshing salad for a well-balanced meal and everyone will be happy.
Each week I make a couple of chickens in my Instant Pot followed by a batch of chicken bone broth for using in recipes and drinking by the cup throughout the week. I get this two-pack of organic whole chickens from Costco each week. My instant pot is one of my most used kitchen tools.
Having this already prepared chicken means I can throw together soups, casseroles, stir-fry dishes, sandwiches, and salads at a moments notice.
Since I started following a Ketogenic lifestyle I haven't really had to prepare many separate meals for myself and the children. What I prefer to do instead is to make one meal that works for everyone with “add-ins” to suit each of our needs. For my kids this can be rice, potatoes, beans, corn, or other healthy carbs. For myself and my husband that could be extra avocado, butter, olive oil, or full fat dairy.
Keeping several containers of these “add-ins” means that I can easily adapt any meal to suit our needs. This is something that can be done with salads, stir-fry, and pretty much any meal. My goal is to simplify meals while sticking to my dietary guidelines for both my children and myself and this is a perfect example of how I do that.
Below you can see that my daughter added organic blue corn tortilla chips to her Keto Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Soup hence adding the carbs to fuel her growing body.
Another delicious topping for this soup is fresh or canned sliced jalapeños. I have a friend who gave me a couple jars that she canned herself, so yummy! If you love Buffalo Chicken try my Copy Cat Keto Buffalo Chicken Shake and Bake Recipe too!
Keto Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Soup with Options for Kids
- 1 whole roasted chicken
- 28 oz can fire roasted tomatoes drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper depending on personal preference
- 1/4 cup hot sauce adjust to taste
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Blue cheese optional topping
- Sour Cream optional topping
- sliced jalapeños optional
- optional items for kids or those not following a low carb lifestyle
- 1 - 15 ounce black beans
- 1 - 16 ounce bag of frozen corn
- organic tortilla chips
- Remove chicken meat from bone
- Add all ingredients except for cream cheese, blue cheese, and optional ingredients stirring to combine
- Add block of cream cheese on the top and cover
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours
- Stir to mix in cream cheese and add additional hot sauce as desired
- Top individual bowls with blue cheese crumbles or sour cream, if desired
- Optional: for kids add corn and beans to bowl and serve with tortilla chips if desired