Last Updated on June 29, 2022 by Rebecca Huff
If you really want to pack a lunch that any adult will appreciate, take some time to choose your ingredients wisely.
Take care to pack health-building foods that power their day with plenty of energy left to spare!
Don’t be afraid to pack leftovers; it’s a fantastic way to save money by not tossing perfectly good food.
Some of my favorite adult lunch ingredients are:
- grass fed beef
- pastured eggs
- wild caught tuna, sardines and wild caught salmon are all rich in vitamin B-12 for energy
- organic valencia peanut butter (cause he loves peanut butter and won’t stop eating it!)
- raw cheeses
- hummus and hummus made with white beans
- hearty chili made with ground turkey breast or grass fed beef and veggie puree
- snap peas, snow peas
- arugula is known to increase muscle oxygenation
- sprouts, any variety
- brazil nuts are great for mens health
- cashews are high in zinc
- seeds such as flax, chia, hemp can be made into bars
- unsweetened coconut flakes can be sprinkled on just about anything
- pumpkin seeds help prevent prostate cancer and other problems
- sprouted grains
- berries are full of antioxidants and fiber, and are also low in sugar
- figs are good for reproductive health
- Celtic Sea Salt, Pink Himalayan Sea Salt or REAL Salt
- green tea, unsweetened
- water bottle
Avoid Items Such As:
- energy drinks
- sugar and foods with added sugar, high fructose corn syrup, etc.
- pasteurized dairy foods
- fruit juice, electrolyte drinks, and vitamin waters
- processed meats with nitrites or nitrates
- pasteurized and imitation cheeses
- table salt
- packaged meals with chemicals and MSG
- foods with added canola oil, soybean oil and corn oil
Set a Goal to Pack Lunch Several Times Per Week
That’s all it takes to see how much of a difference packing your own beautiful, healthy, amazing lunches will make in your waistline, your wallet and your overall sense of well being. Not only will you feel better from not eating out, but you will be amazed at the money you will save!
When you pack your own lunch, you have total control over what goes in your food. Hey, who doesn’t enjoy that warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you open up a made with love lunch packed at home? You know you love it! Think of the variety you can enjoy!
So here’s all you have to do! While you are making dinner at night make extra servings! If it’s too late for that take a look in your fridge, what’s in there? Is there anything you can throw in a container to take to work? If so, prep it tonight! If there are leftovers, you can rest assured they will be delicious the following day at lunch time! If you prefer, get up 15 minutes earlier in the morning and grab a container, then just start filling it up.
It’s easy as 1, 2, 3… 1) a protein 2) a veggie and 3) a small amount of fruit. This will give you a good foundation to start with. Now, if you want to have a little flair, start adding some extras, maybe a small amount of condiments or some pickles, olives, or fermented foods like kimchi or sauerkraut.
sounds awesome to me!!
Well my hubby seems to like it! Thanks Alex!