My older daughters and I have been making creamy new potatoes for nearly two decades. When we first started making the dish, the recipe was entirely vegan. We used Follow Your Heart Veganaise and a plant-based butter substitute.
If you are vegan, you could certainly swap out those two ingredients and it will be absolutely delicious.
We’ve always used small red skin potatoes in this recipe and I don’t recommend using large potatoes. Leave the peeling on, it is full of nutrition and adds texture and taste.
Red potatoes are particularly healthy because of the thin, nutrient-filled skins, which are loaded with fiber, B vitamins, iron, and potassium. Half of the fiber of a potato comes from the skin. On red potatoes, in particular, the skin is already super thin, so it doesn’t detract from the taste or textureBlack Gold Farms
This potato salad is delicious hot, cold or room temperature and packs well for a potluck or gathering.
- 10 new red skinned potatoes (small potatoes) washed (not peeled)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Put potatoes in a pot and cover with filtered water, bring to a boil.
- Simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Add butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill and chives.
- Season wiwth salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or cold, or even room temperature is perfectly fine.
Hope you’ll give this recipe a try. To be honest, I put it on my website so I wouldn’t have to search for the paper recipe anymore. This year, 2020, I have been decluttering (probably along with the rest of the world) and I decided to eliminate all of my handwritten recipes.
This is one we still love and hence its appearance here.
Pin this recipe!