When you want to liven up just about any dish, salt and lemons are a quick and inexpensive option. My daughter and son-in-law have lemon trees in their back yard so they’re always looking for new ways to use up the lemons. This lemony sea salt is a fantastic way to efficiently use up the lemon peel.
This recipe is easy to make and a delicious way to make your dishes taste extra special.
Use a microplane zester to get the zest from your lemons, bake for a few minutes, being careful not to brown them. Cool, then mix with salt and store.
Keep Lemony Sea Salt in a salt pot near your stove to liven up fish and chicken dishes. Sprinkle it on top of fresh baked bread or sliced tomatoes. Yum!
Lemony Sea Salt
- 2 large lemons
- 1 cup coarse or fine Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees
- Wash lemons and dry
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Zest lemons onto parchment
- Bake about 10 minutes until the zest dries being careful not to allow it to brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Add zest to salt and stir
- Store in a container, looks prettiest in clear container.