Picky children won't complain when you treat them to this mac-n-cheese with healthy veggies added in, just don't bother telling them it's in there!
- 1 pound pasta, we like traditional elbows, but you can use whatever
- coconut oil cooking spray
- 2 tbsp grassfed butter, we use Kerrigold
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or three cheese blend
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup carrot, butternut squash or sweet potato puree
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- boil pasta
- preheat oven to 350
- Coat a 9x12 baking dish with cooking spray
- heat butter in heavy bottomed saucepan. whisk in flour to combine.
- slowly whisk in milk to prevent lumps from forming. Bring to a boil and cook unil mixture thickens slightly about 5 minutes.
- add cheddar cheese salt and puree.
- whisk until smooth
- stir the cheese mixture into the pasta
- transfer to baking dish
- sprinkle the top with parmesan
- Bake until bubbly, about 15-20 mintes
Cuisine Macaroni Monday