I first made these Salmon Strips using cornmeal, then coconut flour and it was pretty good, but I really enjoy it best with THM baking blend.
Sometimes I add them to a plate of greens and top it with homemade ranch dressing.
Still, my favorite way to enjoy them is to eat them as finger food, dipped in my favorite dip!
My children enjoy this in a bun or with a side of rice and corn!
If you are following Trim Healthy Mama plan, this recipe is considered an S.
Salmon is best when you can get wild-caught, but do what works for you. One reason I really like to eat Salmon on a regular basis besides the healthy fats, is that it is full of a substance called astaxanthin. You can read more about it here! I highly recommend reading more about the benefits of eating wild caught fish like salmon.
Don’t forget to Pin this recipe for later!
- 1 cup baking blend or equivalent
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 pounds wild caught salmon fillet sliced into a dozen strips
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil for frying
- 1/2 cup mayo
- hot sauce to taste I used 3 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix seasonings with baking blend (or equivalent) on a plate
- Dip the salmon strips individually into the egg, then
- Roll each strip through the baking blend (or equivalent)
- Cook 4-6 minutes or until browned in skillet with coconut oil
- Drain on paper towels
- Mix mayo and hot sauce for dipping