Last Updated on June 29, 2022 by Rebecca Huff
Nothing beats the smell of banana bread baking in the oven. I really like to fill my home with the smell of baked goods even if I'm baking for my kids only! I'm sharing this recipe for my sister in law Noelle 🙂 love ya' sis <3
You *could* use butter in place of the coconut oil in this recipe if you like, however, the coconut flavor is not detectable to us. I have also tried this recipe with applesauce instead of coconut oil and it works fine but is a little bit drier. I've also used gluten free flours in place of the flour which tasted really good. I like the texture of gluten-free baking blends better than flour now that I have been baking that way for so long. This recipe (with flour) works great for gifting and for sending to school with in lunch boxes or for breakfast!
As for the sweetener, I have also substituted half honey half molasses and also coconut sugar. If you follow a sugar free or gluten free lifestyle, you can use a gluten free baking flour and replace the sweetener with Swerve; I reduced mine to 1/4 cup of confectioners Swerve. You might like more than that because I don't like baked goods too sweet.
Make up a couple loaves of this bread on the weekend and use it for breakfast during the week. Also works great in the lunchbox!
Best Ever Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk or whatever you like
- 2 medium mashed bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional
- garnish with walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray (I prefer coconut oil spray)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl
- Pour batter into loaf pan that has been sprayed with oil
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour or until a toothpick (or tester stick) comes out clean
- Cool on a rack or towel for 10 minutes
- Remove from pan
- (my kids like to eat it hot with butter)
Looking forward to making this!!!!! Yum to the O!