Avocado and Goat Cheese are a perfect pair but when you add in bacon it really packs a flavorful punch. You'll love this crustless quiche so much you won't miss the crust. Hey, but if you do, don't let me stop you from pouring it into a pie crust!
When my husband and I lived in Bartow, Florida there was a little bakery that made quiche daily. Often, the two of us would go out and have a little breakfast together there. In preparation for my son's birth, I bought several quiche to keep in my fridge for the midwife and my kids to eat since I wouldn't be cooking. You know how food can just take you to a certain place in time? That's where quiche takes me!
If you've never tried to prepare a quiche, don't worry, it's way easier than it looks. It's basically scrambled eggs with goodies in it and baked in the oven instead of on the stovetop. Though if you want a nice treat, bake it in your iron skillets. Delish! In fact, some of the quiche in these photos were baked in a loaf pan.
I never had tasted a baked avocado until I decided to throw one in this quiche I was making for my mom after a recent surgery which left her unable to cook. Let me know if you try this recipe!
Avocado, Goat Cheese and Bacon Crustless Quiche
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup full-fat cottage cheese or heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter or spray for pans
- 6 slices bacon crumbled or chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 avocado cubed
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup onions diced
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms optional
- Sauté onion in a teaspoon of butter until tender (and mushroom if using)
- Whip six eggs in bowl with whisk for about a minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cottage cheese.
- Crumble in goat cheese.
- Add avocado, stir carefully so as not to mash up the avocado.
- Pour into a lightly sprayed pie pan or loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes if in a pie pan, 35 minutes if in a loaf pan.
- Remove, slice, and enjoy!