Trim Healthy Mama BFF Progress Report:
Happy to say my BFF is down almost 2 pounds this week and I lost 1 ½ pounds. I feel like that’s decent progress for both of us. I am a stubborn loser, so it is not easy for me to lose weight at all. I have to say that even though most people would call this a “diet”, I never felt deprived or more than “ready to eat” and by that I mean I wasn’t starving. Though I really didn't eat sugar before restarting this plan, my BFF and I have now been 100% off sugar for three weeks.
While my BFF is smashing it on the elliptical, I have actually only made it to the gym 2 days this week and my workouts were less than stellar. Really wish I had a workout partner in town…but that’s neither here nor there. While exercise is certainly important, it is not required to lose weight on the Trim Healthy Mama plan, just sayin'.
Also, I definitely could have done better this week. I let “busy” keep me from drinking enough water, and I actually ended up skipping a couple of meals by accident when I was out unprepared and didn’t have a chance to eat anything for more than 6 hours. For my body that is a mistake because it just starts holding on to my fat cells, seriously…. but it is also a no-no on THM.
Thought I'd share our before pictures, which really are just some photos I happened to have on my computer because we forgot to take our photos together and we live one hour apart. I have a real problem with emotional eating so I am just so ecstatic that Stephanie is doing the Trim Healthy Mama plan with me this year. It only took me two years of begging!
Here’s to an awesome WEEK THREE using the menu plan below! I did splurge on a Trim Healthy Mama Membership so I could easily create grocery lists. That is the number one reason. It is wonderful and makes a great gift! The recipes for all the meals listed below are found in the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook (see below) unless otherwise noted.
- Eggatable Scramble (FP) p. 242
- Cran-Apple Cottage Salad (E) (recipe available with THM membership)
- Slim Sloppy Joes (S) p. 63
- Sweet Creamy Coleslaw (S) p. 230
Snack choices are: Triple Zero Yogurt, celery with nut butter, Wasa Cracker w/ Light Laughing Cow, Apple with a few almonds, berries w/ cottage cheese
- Berry Secretive Big Boy (FP) p. 416
- Apple Dip (FP) p. 466
- Salmon and veggies with butter (S)
- Pesto Chicken (personal recipe) (S)
- Cauli Rice (S)
Brown Rice for kids
- Choco Nut Secret Big Boy (FP) p. 415
- Zest of Southwest (S)
- Taco Soup (E)
- Almond Raspberry Breakfast Swirl (FP)
- Thai on the Fly Soup – Single Serve (FP) p. 122
- Crunkers (FP) p. 452
- Crockpot Mexican Beans (E)
- Lemon Fat-Stripping Frappa (FP)
- Warm Chicken Sprouted Sandwich (E)
- Ridiculous Meatballs and Spaghetti (S) p. 40-41
- Salted Caramel Baby Frap (FP) *note I had to buy my caramel flavor online, I could not find it in any of the stores I frequent after months and months of searching.
- Tortilla Pizza (S) (I use wonder wraps)
- Crockpot Spinach Lasagna (S)
- Golden Flat Bread (S)
tortilla pizza using wonder wrap or homemade tortilla*
- Choco Big Boy Smoothie (FP) my favorite, and hard to believe it has a full cup of okra in it!! p. 415
- Three-Minute Sensational Salad (S) p. 191
- Italian Style Chicken with Zoodles (personal recipe) (S)
- Deviled Eggs (S) p. 228
By the way, I have had my noodle maker for over 10 years! Can you believe that? This is my favorite vegetable noodle maker and I wouldn't trade it for any other noodler I've seen so far!
Save this pin to your Trim Healthy Mama board!