When you hear the word “detox” does it make you cringe a little? If so, I’d like to work on changing how you think of the word detox!
1. Sleep, shoot for 8 hours. Read more about good sleep hygiene.
2. Drink plenty of water, preferably filtered. When you are dehydrated your body starts to become fatigued among other things. Keep everything running smoothly by staying hydrated.
3. Use a dry skin brush for at least 3-5 minutes just before showering.
4. Walk every day (2 miles or 30 minutes, whichever comes first.)
5. Drink a detox tea between meals. Try Herbal Papaya or Graviola Leaf.
6. Watch/Read fewer news stories. Listening to bad news multiple times per day does little for one’s outlook on life.
7. Eat more greens at one meal per day; this can be done by eating a salad as a habit for lunch. It’s also fast and easy to prepare.
8. Skip soda (start with one day per week, then work up.) Sodas can cause cravings, tooth decay, weight gain, brittle bones, and more. Diet soda is even worse. Set a goal to reduce or eliminate your soda intake. If you must drink it, save it for very special occasions.
9. Splurge on a massage (or ask your kid, you might be surprised!) Getting a massage has been said to reduce headaches, body aches, enhance the immune system, release toxins, improve digestion, reduce anxiety and even depression. Obviously, massages are part of good health, so if I have to choose between having my nails done or getting a massage, hands down the massage wins!
10. Create a menu plan for one week of dinners. Planning meals in advance instead of at the last minute will allow you time to put more thought into making a well-balanced meal. Plus, eating at home means less sodium, sugar, and unhealthy fats. If you are stumped for ideas, try using a menu service like emeals or join my online cookbook club and try out new cookbooks every month!
Find the rest of the suggestions and links here: May Detox Challenge instructions and contest
The April Challenge: Move Your Body
Listen to this podcast on iTunes.
What is a podcast and how do I listen?
A podcast is a free downloadable audio show that enables you to listen and learn while you’re on the go. To subscribe to my podcast for free, you’ll need an app to listen to the show from.
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “A Healthy Bite.” This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I create a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “A Healthy Bite.”
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://www.thatorganicmom.com/feed/podcast
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. Or go to: https://www.thatorganicmom.com/podcast
Also, it would mean a lot to me if you could leave a review for A Healthy Bite on iTunes! Some upcoming shows include:
- Foraging and Beginning Herbs with Danna from Wisteria Herbs
- 5 Foundational Foods for Good Nutrition with Danna from Wisteria Herbs
- When your kids grow up and fly the coop (keeping a good attitude, stress free)
- Mother's Day Episode: How you know if you have the coolest mom on earth
- How little trips can be a tool to combat stress in moms (my perfect day in Savannah)
- Eating for Energy
- Clean like your life depends on it: Use non toxic cleaners
- Good, Better, Best; How to get the most out of meals on
- Water, drink, filter with Larry my water guy
- Reasons and Ways to recycle
- Fermented Foods
- Consume Healthy Fats
- Exercise for Energy
So make sure to subscribe using the instructions above so you won't miss out on future episodes of A Healthy Bite!
If you are new to Podcasts and would like to see what’s on my Feed (ones I’m subscribed to) you can check them out in my Podcast Guide!
You might also want to follow my YouTube Channel for encouraging and helpful healthful videos!