RX Salad in a Jar
- 1 cup spinach, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 cup romaine
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup garbanzo beans (chickpeas) rinsed well
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 avocado, cubed
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp your favorite vinegar (I like balsamic, apple cider, and Vanilla-Fig Balsamic, play with different varieties)
- FlavorGod Seasonings, optional
- Layer ingredients in a jar, I like to start with the beans on the bottom (and meat if I'm adding it)
- In a small container add oil and vinegar and seasonings of your choice, shake well then pour over salad IF you are going to eat it right away. If you are saving it for later it's best to keep the dressing separate. I use a tiny container at the top of my jar.
- This is your basic prescription salad.
- It's your go to salad to get in all your veggies!
- Make several of these and store in the fridge.
If you like you can add chicken, tuna, steak or a little bit of cheese, but don't go overboard, remember this is to fill your veggie requirement!
Recipe by That Organic Mom at https://www.thatorganicmom.com/rx-salad-in-a-jar/