Rich and Creamy Meyer Lemon Curd
- 1 block Kerrygold butter (or two sticks of organic butter, you need one cup)
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups sweetener of your choice, I use 1 cup powdered erythritol
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- zest from one Meyer lemon, optional
- In a double boiler add water about halfway, but not touching the bottom of the top pan.
- To the top pan, add butter, sweetener and salt whisking until sweetener dissolves. (I recommend starting with 1 cup sweetener then adding the extra 1/4 cup if necessary)
- Continue whisking while adding the lemon juice.
- Followed by egg yolks, whisking continually.
- Continue to whisk and cook for about 10-15 minutes until the curd thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Carefully remove the top pan and put in an ice bath to reduce temperature quickly.
- Strain through mesh strainer and place in containers to refrigerate until ready to use.
- Top with a pinch of zest just before serving if you like that kind of thing!
Using the erythritol produces a slightly different finished texture on the top- basically the way it dries. If you want to avoid the cracked top try covering the lemon curd with cling wrap or something similar.
Oh yeah! Nothing beats the flavor of Meyer lemons!
Recipe by That Organic Mom at https://www.thatorganicmom.com/rich-and-creamy-meyer-lemon-curd/