Try making NuttZo Frosted Muffins with your kids; when children take part in food preparation they are learning valuable life skills. Not only do they learn how to prepare healthy foods they are more likely to get in the habit of eating healthy snacks on a regular basis.
Healthy After School Snack
Kids are usually hungry when they get home so it's nice to have a little something to hold them over until dinner. These nuttzo muffins are perfect to give them nutrition without the junk you find in snack cake boxes on the supermarket shelf. Most of what you find there in the form of boxed snacks make America's unhealthiest snack list!
This recipe has protein and healthy fat to give kids the nutrients needed for growing bodies!
NuttZo Frosted Muffins
- 1 cup Nutzo
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar (or whatever sweetener you prefer)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter (or whatever type butter you use)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Swerve sweetener (experiment with whatever sweetener you like)
- pinch of salt
- Mix in mixer, scoop into mini muffin pan, bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix all of these with your immersion blender or small mixer.
- Pour frosting over mini muffins & enjoy with a fork cause they're too messy to pick up!
I buy Nuttzo at Costco, or you can purchase it on Amazon. If you can't find this particular brand there are lots of mixed nut butter brands you can try. Trader Joe's has a really good mixed nut butter that I use for making holiday truffles that would work in this recipe.