Maple Glazed Powerhouse Salmon Recipe
Yield 4 servings
- 1/2 cup tamari or soy sauce (whichever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or a few drops of maple extract, a drop or two of stevia and 1/2 cup water)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder or a small knob of fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 salmon filets or salmon steaks, about 20-24 ounces of wild-caught salmon
- Mix all of the ingredients and pour over salmon in a container with a lid. Let the salmon marinate in the fridge for 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Brush skillet with a very light coating of oil and add salmon to the pan.
- Bake in the skillet at 450 for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily
This recipe can easily be multiplied for large families. If you have fresh turmeric, ginger, and garlic on hand, by all means use those instead, I often do. For simplicity sake I wanted to write the recipe with items most people would keep in the spice cabinet.
Also, concerning soy sauce, tamari, and coconut aminos - coconut aminos is much milder and sweeter, so if you use it instead os soy sauce the result will be a sweeter and less salty flavor.
Recipe by That Organic Mom at https://www.thatorganicmom.com/maple-glazed-powerhouse-salmon-recipe/