Keto copycat shake and bake buffalo chicken
- 4 cups pork rinds
- 1/4 cup almond flour (or coconut flour)
- 1/4 cup powdered parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or mayonnaise
- oil if frying, (avocado or coconut oil work best)Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Hot Sauce (we use Franks Red Hot)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a food processor make crumbs from the pork rinds
- Next, add almond flour, garlic and onion powder, plus salt and pepper.
- Put the crumb mixture into a shallow dish (or if you want to shake - a gallon size bag).
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs and cream.
- Dip each chicken tender in egg mixture followed by the crumb mixture - if using the bag method, only shake a few tenders at a time to get the best coating.
- Place chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet, then into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- If frying, heat skillet with oil over medium heat, when hot, add dipped chicken being careful not to overcrowd. When browned, flip chicken, cook both sides until golden brown and done in the middle.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, add hot sauce and simmer on low until chicken is done. Add it on the side or pour it over the top. Enjoy!
Recipe by That Organic Mom at https://www.thatorganicmom.com/keto-buffalo-chicken-tenders/