Golden Potato Soup with Fried Rosemary
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 shallots (or just a medium onion), diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sprigs of fresh rosemary, divided uses
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil (or butter)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot over medium heat add oil, garlic and shallots, sautéing until onions are translucent.
- Strip the rosemary from one sprig, use about 1 teaspoon of leaves, chopped finely, then added to pan, stir for half a minute.
- Add chicken broth, salt, bay leaf, and potatoes, bring almost to a boil, then reduce heat and cover.
- Let potatoes simmer until they are soft, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf first. Then, using an immersion blender, blend the soup. Take care not to over blend, it's okay if there are a few chunks of potato.
- Sprinkle pepper as desired, taste it to see if it needs more salt.
- For garnish, and to infuse extra flavor, fry rosemary in a small skillet on both sides just till the leaves start to wilt and you get the strong aroma of rosemary.
- Add soup to bowl, top with rosemary sprig. Enjoy!
Recipe by That Organic Mom at https://www.thatorganicmom.com/golden-potato-soup-fried-rosemary/