Caribbean Chicken Recipe
- 16 ounces of chicken, any style
For the Marinade:
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 1-2 jalapeno chilis, seeded and chopped (for additional heat, leave seeds in)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey, warmed slightly to soften
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Add marinade ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Place chicken in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Pour marinade over chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prep your grill or heavy flat-bottom skillet to medium-high heat by adding avocado oil to the skillet and heating the pan.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on in the skillet, or on the grill.
- Put skillet with chicken in oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes or until internal temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Baste with marinade during cooking, but discard any remaining marinade before serving.
Recipe by That Organic Mom at https://www.thatorganicmom.com/caribbean-chicken-recipe-use-a-meat-thermometer/