Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Lime Vinaigrette and Toasted Pecans
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts, washed, trimed and halved
- 1/3 cup Pyure Maple Flavored Syrup (you could use up to 1/2 cup if you like sweeter veggies)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 medium lime
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- dash of red pepper flakes, optional
- Mix soy sauce, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Pyure Maple Flavored Syrup in a medium bowl.
- Add prepared Brussels Sprouts, toss and coat with Vinaigrette, let them sit in liquid while the oven is preheating to 450 degrees.
- Using a slotted spoon, move the Brussels Sprouts to a baking pan, reserving the liquid for later use.
- Put baking pan with sprouts into the oven and bake 15-20 minutes - checking after 15 minutes for doneness (depends on the size of the sprouts you use)
- When they are tender, broil them for just one minute - don't walk away from the oven - keep your hand on the door, cause you don't want to burn, just brown them, so be careful!
- Remove from oven and return to bowl with the vinaigrette, toss and sprinkle with toasted pecans and enjoy!
Recipe by That Organic Mom at https://www.thatorganicmom.com/brussels-sprouts-maple-lime-vinaigrette/