Baba Ghanoush with Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 medium/large eggplants, washed and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon or 2 tablespoons Yuzu Rice Vinegar *see note
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Paprika, for topping
- Organic Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, for drizzling on top (if you can't find this, you can just use regular olive oil mixed with the zest of a Meyer, or regular, lemon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put a little olive oil on the cut side of the eggplant, then place cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Put in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Once cool, remove eggplant skin, saving the flesh of the eggplant into a food processor or blender.
- Put the cumin, eggplant, yogurt, tahini, roasted garlic, lemon juice or vinegar, S&P into a food processor and blend till smooth. (Do not include olive oil, finishing herbs and paprika)
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and dried herb blend. (Italian herbs or a mixture of parsley, chives, dill weed, marjoram, thyme, basil, tarragon)
Found the Yuzu Rice Vinegar at Earth Fare as well, the only link on Amazon was for a case of 6, which was really expensive, so if you can't find it locally, just use lemon juice.
Recipe by That Organic Mom at https://www.thatorganicmom.com/baba-ghanoush/