Asian "Peanut" Sauce
Flavor Boosters, optional additions - choose one or a couple
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, black or white
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- everything bagel seasoning
- Bonito flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Umeboshi plum paste
- substitute part Umeboshi Vinegar
- use coconut aminos in place of the Tamari - it has a sweeter taste
- substitute Pyure Organic Sugar-Free Maple Flavored Syrup in place of the Pyrure Organic Sugar-Free Harmless Hunny for a flavor variation
- 2 tablespoons full-fat unsweetened coconut milk (from a can - not the carton)
- Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- use Tahini , Macadamia nut butter, or peanut butter in place of the almond butter
- Add 5 main ingredients to a mini food processor, blender, or bowl and whisk together until smooth and creamy. Done!
- Optional: stir in one or two flavor boosters by hand.
The main 5 ingredients will result in an absolutely deliciuous sauce or dip that can be used on veggie noodles, soba noodles, spring rolls, on salad, with cut vegetables, on gimbap, and lots more.
Completely optional are the flavor boosters, they are simple additions that take the flavor to the next level. Use one or a combination, tasting as you go! Trust me though, the sauce is tasty enough without the flavor boosters. These additions are a fun way to change the base sauce up a little.
Recipe by That Organic Mom at https://www.thatorganicmom.com/asian-peanut-sauce-recipe-low-carb-ketogenic-friendly/